Social Media Guidelines
Social media is changing the way we communicate. The rules and policies below are to help you be mindful of your responsibilities and obligations while using social media; and to protect and minimize the potential risks involved.
Coverage of Terms:
The policies below apply to all persons who are involved with activities of KIVA/KIVA Sports, whether they are in a paid or voluntary role:
- Employees of KIVA & KIVA sports
- Club Members
- Support personal – Grill staff, door staff, and site managers.
- Coaches & Assistant Coaches
- Referees & Officials
Social Media Platforms:
Social Media refers to any online tool or function that allows people to communicate and/or share content via the internet.
These policies apply to platforms including, but not limited to:
- Social networking: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Video and photo sharing websites or apps: YouTube, Instagram, Vine, etc.
- Review Sites: Yelp, google, etc.
- Live broadcasting apps: Periscope, Facebook, etc.
- Instant Messaging: Snap Chat, Skype, WhatsApp
- Public and Private online forums and discussion boards.
KIVA currently has four social media platforms. We encourage you to like and/or follow as many as possible.
1. Facebook – www.facebook.com/KIVAVB/
2. YouTube – Kiva Volleyball
3. Twitter – @KIVAVB
4. Instagram – KIVAVB
The policies listed below do not apply to personal use of social media where it is not related to or there is no reference to KIVA or KIVA Sports Center or its business, teams, participants, products, events, sponsors, or member reputations. However, any misuses by you of social media in a manner that does not directly refer to KIVA/KIVA Sports Center may still be regulated by KIVA/KIVA Sports Center.
Social Media Policies & Guidelines:
You must adhere to the following guidelines when using social media relating to KIVA/KIVA Sports Center, its business, teams, participants, products, events, sponsors, or member reputations
1. Use common sense: Whenever you are unsure as to whether or not the content you wish to share is appropriate, seek advice from others before doing so or refrain from sharing the content to be on the safe side.
2. Protect yourself: When posting content online there is potential for that content to become publicly available through a variety of means, even if it was intended to be shared privately. Do not say anything on Social Media that is dishonest, untrue or misleading. If in doubt DO NOT POST IT.
3. Do not post when you are overly emotional or angry.
4. Be respectful of others, do not use social media to insult, bully, or manipulate.
5. Do not “call out” someone via social media.
6. Do not engage in any “battle” over social media.
7. You are encouraged to share: pictures, schedules, results, encouraging statements, volleyball related stories, gifs, and commentary.
8. We ask that you do not tag another club or mention another clubs player or team name when discussing defeat
a. Example of what not to do: #KIVA17Red defeats Munciana Banana Slugs in three to advance to GOLD @munciana. #KIVAPROUD
b. Proper Example: #KIVA17Red wins a hard-fought match against a good MEPL foe to advance to GOLD. #KIVAPROUD
9. When mentioning an individual player in a tweet or post make sure it is in a positive light.
a. Example: (Caption accompanying a picture) @ADavisP celebrates a kill from @KenzieMaloney during their quarterfinal match. #KIVAPROUD
10. There should be no cross-talk on social media between a parent and coach, or player and coach.
a. Please keep your cross-talk directed toward your entire team.
b. Negative Example: @kenzieMaloney you rocked today! Instead we’d rather you say, #KIVAVB 18 Red rocked today! Many great stand-out performances. #KIVAPROUD
The following behaviors will not be tolerated:
1. Using KIVA/KIVA Sports Center’s name or logo in a way that would result in a negative impact for the club or its members.
2. Posting or sharing any content that is abusive, harassing, threatening, demeaning, or defamatory.
3. Posting or sharing any content that includes insulting, obscene, provocative, or hateful language.
4. Posting or sharing any content, that is racial discriminatory, or sexual of nature.
Disciplinary process & consequences:
Inappropriate behavior will be dealt with by KIVA Staff on base-by-base circumstance. Disciplinary action can include loss of social media privileges and/or loss of participation with KIVA/KIVA Sports Center.